Every kid needs healthy foods with balanced nutrition to help them grow well. But, this is not easy to make them eat foods made of vegetables and other healthy materials. This article will present you with healthy dinner recipes for kids so your little ones will have more appetite to eat them.
Chicken Wild Rice Casserole Recipe
The first recipe for your kid’s healthy meal is “Chicken Wild Race Casserole”. Not only healthy, but this recipe is also delicious that your children will instantly love it.
The ingredients you need to prepare include:
- 1 carrot, medium size
- 1 onion, medium size
- 3 cups of chicken broth with low sodium
- 3 cups of rotisserie chicken
- 5 stalks of celery
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of raw wild rice
- 1 tablespoon of poultry seasoning
- 3 cups of bread cubes
- 2 cups of milk
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1 ¼ cup of white mushrooms and slice them
- 8 tablespoons of unsalted butter
To make the Chicken Wild Rice Casserole, you can follow these following steps:
- Heat oven up to 350 Fahrenheit degrees.
- Mince the garlic and then chop the vegetables. Mix the casserole dish with chicken broth and wild rice.
- Use foil to tightly cover the dish and then bake it for about 1.5 hours.
- Slice the rotisserie chicken into small size and then set it aside for a while.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter when you almost finish cooking the rice. After that, add poultry seasoning, flour, and salt. Cook the mixture for about 1 minute and add ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese along with the milk after that. Cook until the mixture turns thick.
- Melt the remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and toss them with bread cubes if you want to make the breaded topping.
- When the rice is done cooking, you can add sauce and chicken into it. Stir the mixture well and then sprinkle it with another Parmesan cheese.
- Increase the heat up to 400 Fahrenheit degrees so that the casserole will be done cooking perfectly.
Why Choosing Casserole Dish for Your Kids
Casserole dishes can be included as one of the healthy dinner recipes for kids. The dish is best for your children for some reason. The first reason is that most casserole recipes are quite easy to cook. The next important reason is that you can find all your body needs in the dish. By consuming casserole, you can have grain, vegetables, and protein. All in one dish! In addition, casserole dishes are easy to store. You can make a large portion of casserole and then keep the remaining dish in the refrigerator. The nicest thing about cooking the recipe is that you only need a few kitchen utensils to cook it.
Healthy and Delicious Irish Potato Bites Recipe for Your Kids
Most kids love potatoes. But, instead of consuming French Fries which is less healthy, you can try a healthy recipe of Irish Potato Bites for your children. The recipe is not easy to cook, and of course, it tastes great and your children will love to eat it.
To cook the recipe, you will need these following materials:
- 15 small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted water
- 1 ½ tablespoon of fresh chives and chop them
- ½ pound of turkey and grind it
- 2 cups of spinach
- ½ cup of sour cream
- 2 ounces of cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon of salt
Just follow these steps to cook delicious Irish Potato Bites:
- Put water into a large pot and add potatoes. Boil the potatoes until they are tender. Lift the potatoes and drain them.
- Cook the turkey which has been ground before in skillet with medium heat. Break the ground turkey into small pieces by using a wooden spoon.
- Preheat the oven up to 400 degrees of Fahrenheit.
- Slice the potatoes in half and put them on a baking sheet.
- Use a small spoon to take out the inside parts of the potatoes and then places them on a bowl. Smash the potatoes and then mix them with shredded cheese, butter, spinach, cooked turkey, and salt.
- Fill the potato halves with the mixture and then baked them for about 10 minutes. Sprinkle fresh chives and little sour cream for the meal’s topping.
How Potatoes Will Be Beneficial for Your Children
Potatoes have been used as primary for a long time. Though there are a lot of alternative ways to cook them, all of them are meant to be comfort food to eat. There are many benefits your children can get by consuming potatoes, include:
- Rich of Potassium
One of the reasons that make potatoes become recommended food to consume is that they are rich in potassium. The substance is really useful to help your children to avoid negative effects caused by sodium. Potassium is also best for helping you maintain your blood pressure. Interestingly, there is about 1000 mg of potassium contained in an eight-ounce bake potato.
- Contains High Dietary Fiber
If you cook potatoes with the skin on, you will get benefit from the high dietary fiber contained in potato. A single potato will help you to obtain a source of fiber needed by your kids daily. The compound is good for your kid’s digestion. It will help them to absorb nutrient intake more effectively. There will be insoluble and soluble fiber contained in every baked potato. Insoluble fiber is helpful to make it easier for you to pass through your digestive system. Meanwhile, the soluble fibers are good to help you control your cholesterol.
- Low in Calories
Another reason that makes you should consume potatoes is that they come with low calories. Contrast to most people’s belief that potatoes are often blamed for providing a lot of calories, in fact, they only have 170 calories. Not only that, potatoes can be served well with most vegetables too. You can combine them with other healthy materials and they taste very delicious.